The Office of Experiential Learning & Professional Engagement (ELPE) offers co-op and internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students for professional work, research, service, and global learning across the United States and the globe.
ELPE provides a variety of global experience opportunities—from short- to long-term—for students to grow their knowledge and develop as innovative and global next-generation engineering leaders.
Global Co-ops and Internships are two of those opportunities!
Quick Facts about Global Co-ops and Internships:
- Start and end dates correspond with university semesters.
- Global Co-ops and Internships are full time, paid positions.
- There is some flexibility with the 6-month co-op schedule, and either can be global placements or one domestic and one global placement.
- Internships typically are for summers only and must be a minimum of 12 weeks. ELPE can clarify your specific questions.
- Students will be provided international insurance through the University.
- Most placement opportunities will use English on the job site.
Benefits of participating in a Global Co-op or Internship:
- Gain global work experience!
- Learn how engineering practices differ in various parts of the world
- Understand better international issues important to the engineering field
- Meet other talented engineers from other parts of the world
- Schedules can align with domestic six-month co-op rotations --or during summer for internships.
- Increase your network across the globe with colleagues who have a different cultural perspective.
- Experience a new culture and/or language.
Ready to take the next step?
Questions? reach out to:
Global Programs Manager