If you are an international student at a university or college in the US or abroad and wish to transfer into Pitt's Swanson School of Engineering, refer to the following guidelines:


To be considered for admission, international students must submit  an application through the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Please be sure to follow the instructions carefully for required supporting documents and tests. Students must have a minimum GPA equivalent to or above 3.0 for consideration. Students who plan on majoring in Bioengineering need a 3.5 GPA or higher.  

Students wishing to receive AP or IB credit must have their scores sent upon their admission to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. The Swanson School of Engineering cannot accept CLEP credit.

View the Swanson School of Engineering’s policies on transfer credit:


Please note that International Applicants for Transfer are subject to strict deadlines. For the most up to date information, please visit the  Office of Admissions & Financial Aid's page for International Transfer Students.

Have Questions?

For questions about admissions requirements, please visit the  Office of Admission's Website or contact the International Services Undergraduate Admissions Advisor: