There are many funding resources for global programs. Wondering how to start to think about funding global programs?
We suggest that you begin by reviewing the funding offered through the University of Pittsburgh. You can find that information here.
There are national scholarships and funds for study abroad. You can find such opportunities on the Honors College website.
We also suggest that you review opportunities advertised through the Institute of International Education, IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding.
The Swanson School of Engineering's Global Experiences and Engagement office is offering funding for study abroad.
If you apply for the Swanson School of Engineering Funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time Swanson School of Engineering student
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Must not have had any disciplinary sanctions in the last year
- Cannot be in your final semester
- If you are awarded the funds, you will be asked to create a specific blog about your experiences.
- Awardees must be willing to help promote the program they attended in the semester after their experience (will be asked to present in one class; willing to be contacted via email to answer questions of prospective students).
- If awarded a donor fund, awardee would be required to write a thank you note and possibly other requirements.