Students enrolled in the Cooperative Education Program have the option of using their three co-op rotations (ENGR 1090) toward one of the technical electives in the curriculum, provided that a technical paper is submitted to the department by the specified deadline.
All students enrolled in the Co-Op Education Program are required to maintain an up-to-date co-op schedule with the Co-Op Education Program Office and the department.
Mechanical Engineering Coop Schedule (PDF)
Materials Science and Engineering
Materials Science Coop Schedule (PDF)
ENGSCI Coop Schedule (PDF)
Co-Op Technical Paper
The Co-op technical paper should include the following criteria.
1. Follow a technical report format.
2. The paper should be 4-10 pages.
3. Describe your co-op work experiences.
4. Give particular details of the nature of work performed.
5. Describe the relationship between your work experiences and your academic experiences. Indicate specific courses that were particularly useful.
6. Make any suggestions on how to improve the operation of the program.
Previous co-op technical papers may be viewed in the undergraduate program office (636 Benedum Hall).
Technical paper submission deadlines
Summer Term: August 5, 2023
Fall Term: December 8, 2023
Spring Term: April 19, 2024