The Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Advisory Board is an independent volunteer body that brings leaders with local, state, national, and international expertise in academia, industry, or government together to advise, assist, promote, and financially support the School.
Its goal is to assist the Department Chair in achieving the Department’s mission and goals, and in being recognized nationally and internationally, among industrial, academic, and government institutions, for excellence in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering.
Board members support the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering in a variety of ways, including:
- Actively supporting programs that directly enhance the undergraduate and graduate student experience in the Department by providing an interactive forum for communication among the professional community, faculty and students, and key stakeholders.
- Collaborating on the Department’s Strategic Plan.
- Reviewing and providing feedback and support on the Department’s programs and practices including support for ABET accreditation.
- Offering external perspective and connections by providing industry trends information, and a bridge to organizations that hire Chemical and Petroleum Engineers and/or have research and collaboration opportunities.
- Providing experienced professional resources when needed in support of faculty and Department projects.
- Networking with and provide outreach to alumni.
Advisory Board Chair
Southwestern Energy Co.
Reservoir Engineer, Subsurface Assurance
St. Vincent College
(formerly Vice President – Manufacturing
Westinghouse Electric -retired)
Chair, Petroleum Engineering Department University of Tulsa
Senior Technical Fellow/ Corporate Engineer Lubrizol Corporation (retired)
Senior Vice President Westinghouse Electric (retired)
Senior Economist Exxon Mobil
Chair, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department North Carolina State University
Art Zafiropoulo Chair in Engineering Chemical Engineering Department Northeastern University