Environmental Engineering and Water Resources
- Conducts a variety of applied, field and analytical research.
- Studies that include extensive field instrumentation and laboratory studies to better understand the response of in-service structures and materials
- Development of design procedures for non-traditional structures such as ultra-thin whitetopping pavement
- Establishing new limits or standards to ultimately expedite permitting procedures
- Developing a dynamic weather and hydrologic prediction system for intelligent traffic systems
- Understanding the relationship between transportation need in both the sustainability and construction contexts.