Current Swanson School of Engineering students should apply for most international opportunities through Pitt Global Experiences Office . Please review the following steps carefully before you apply to any international program:
- Apply for a new U.S. passport or renewal passport if required.
**PLEASE NOTE: Most countries will not allow you to enter unless your passport is valid for a period of at least six months after your scheduled date of return. This is very important. If your passport is set to expire within this time period (or is even close), you should plan on renewing your passport.
- Discuss your plans with an advisor in Global Experiences and Engagement
- Choose an appropriate program that fits your needs
- Apply to the program - first through Pitt Global Experiences Office , and if any further instructions are provided to complete the application, follow them carefully!
- Obtain a written acceptance into the program; follow any instructions provided
- You will be invited to attend a Program Agreement meeting
- You will be asked to sign an agreement and fill out a course approval form (if doing a credit program). Please see the sample course approval forms below.
- Go abroad!
- Stay in contact with Global Experiences and Engagement while overseas
- Return as a global engineer, ready to put your international experience to use!